California Dreaming: Where to Get Married in the Golden State (Hotel Edition)
By Neal Broverman
The Supreme Court on Wednesday tossed the antigay Defense of Marriage Act and paved the way for marriage equality to return to California. So, if you've always wanted to marry in the nation's most glamorous, exciting state, you'll soon have your chance (California's Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom says it should be in late July when marriage licenses first become available). We've picked out a few of our favorite hotels that will be perfect for a gay ol' wedding. Please offer your suggestions in the comments!
The Langham Huntington
This former Ritz-Carlton, located in a bucolic, residential Pasadena neighborhood, is an absolute stunner. The hotel itself (pictured in the main image) is like a castle, and the grounds are like Versailles (ok, we exaggerated on the latter part, but still, it's beautiful). Plus, look at the mountains in the background!
- Study: Gays Are Leaving the 'Gayborhood'
- Told to Protest in a Landfill, Russians Hold Pride Rally Anyways
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Toronto Club that Played Queer as Folk's Babylon Is Closing
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- 10 Spas to Maximize Your Manliness