How to Make Friends and Influence People on Airplanes
By Neal Broverman
There's some simple ways to make some buddies on your next jet plane ride, or so says Airbnb.
The company, which helps hook folks up with low-cost temporary accommodations, has some suggestions for earning cred next time you fly. Assuming being popular 20,000 feet in the air is important to you, the site's number one suggestion is offering your aisle seat up to a fellow flier stuck in a center seat. "This unthinkable act of generosity will make you a loyal friend for life," according to Airbnb.
After doing the "unthinkable," make sure to smile wide and declare, "Gee, TWO new friends! This is my lucky day." Two more suggestions posit offering chocolates to fellow passengers and holding a screaming baby for an exasperated parent. Their final idea on plane popularity is renting your own jet, a service conveniently offered by Airbnb. If you don't have a spare $10,000, just make sure to wear deodorant and mind your own business; that usually does the trick. If that doesn't work, try putting on a bikini show.
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth
- My City: Colorado Springs
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- Why Are Lesbian Bars Vanishing in Some of the Gayest Cities in the Country?
- THE Lesbian Guide to West Hollywood