Amtrak Increasing Outreach to LGBT Riders
By OUTTraveler Editors
Amtrak is trying to expand its reach to minority train riders, including LGBT patrons, by launching blogs catering to their specific interests.
Amtrak recently launched the Ride with Pride microsite, with travel deals and a blog on LGBT travel. Mark Mastro is heading up Ride with Pride's blog and he told the Baltimore Sun, "My job is to travel across the country, see new sites and connect with everyday people. More importantly, I share my experiences with those who are seeking a travel experience that makes them comfortable."
The public train service, which runs routes across the nation, has long been LGBT-supportive, sponsoring D.C.'s Pride celebration and acting as a member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association.
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men? Iceland!
- Gay Travel Advice - Tips, Travel Alerts & Expert Insight
- Gay Cruises - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever