Amtrak Increasing Outreach to LGBT Riders
By OUTTraveler Editors
Amtrak is trying to expand its reach to minority train riders, including LGBT patrons, by launching blogs catering to their specific interests.
Amtrak recently launched the Ride with Pride microsite, with travel deals and a blog on LGBT travel. Mark Mastro is heading up Ride with Pride's blog and he told the Baltimore Sun, "My job is to travel across the country, see new sites and connect with everyday people. More importantly, I share my experiences with those who are seeking a travel experience that makes them comfortable."
The public train service, which runs routes across the nation, has long been LGBT-supportive, sponsoring D.C.'s Pride celebration and acting as a member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association.
- QUEST10NS: Kristen Mann, WNBA Star and Sapphica Lead Singer, Answers Our Questions
- A First-Person Account of New Orleans' Naked Pool Club
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- 6 Gay Ski Weeks You Can’t Miss
- A Definitive Gay Guide to New Orleans
- The 10 Places LGBT Travelers Should Never Visit