The Best Places for Airport Coffee
By Neal Broverman
Staying awake while waiting to board an early flight or remaining alert enough to not find yourself at the wrong gate is nearly impossible without good coffee. Thrillist has put together a list of the seven world's best airport java, though only two American airports had brew worth writing home about.
Guava & Java at Philly International's Concourse B was singled out for their single-origin blend, which comes from places like Brazil, Colombia, and Ethiopia. They also have a coffee where proceeds benefit an environmental foundation and other locations at Dulles in D.C., SFO, and Miami International. The only other American venue for good coffee is at harried O'Hare in Chicago, with Metropolis Coffee in Terminal 5, which offers brews that you'd find in hip Windy City locales like Logan Square (Metropolis has locations on the north side of the city). It will definitely make traversing this mega-airport a little more pleasant.
The other coffee joints are in far-off airports that only the lucky will encounter. If you're cosmopolitan enough to visit Seoul, Perth, or Wellington, you'll be in luck. We also recommend Lemonade at LAX, as well as Klein's Deli and Coffee Bar at SFO. Read more here.
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- VIDEO: While Many Dream of Visiting Jamaica, Gays Want to Leave
- Gentrifying Downtown L.A. Getting Its Own Gay Bar
- An Introduction to Gay Mexico City