Judy Fans Can Now Rent Dorothy's Kansas House
By Neal Broverman
The Land of Oz theme park is a little-known gem in the woods of North Carolina, opened for a decade in the 1970s and now open one weekend a year. Thousands of former Land of Oz employees and general Ozheads descend on the park every year in the fall, and apparently in increasing numbers.
As part of the odd attraction — which closed after the death of the owner and a mysterious fire — a recreation of Dorothy's Kansas house (pre-tornado) is now available for those who want a weekend in rustic Beech Mountain, about two hours from Asheville. Open from May to December, the three-bedroom, one-bathroom house is available for only $400 for a two-night weekend or $165 a night during the week; rent the house for a whole week for $1,000.
Read more here on Roadtrippers and see more pics below at at MadFishX.
- PHOTOS: Barrowman Frenches Guy as Commonwealth Games Begin in Scotland
- Hotels Still Making Things Awkward for Gay Couples
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- Bev Hills Hotel Lawsuits: Antigay Sultan Used Worker as 'Slave,' Workers Were Homophobic
- Is NYC's Chelsea Still a Gayborhood?