Judy Fans Can Now Rent Dorothy's Kansas House
By Neal Broverman
The Land of Oz theme park is a little-known gem in the woods of North Carolina, opened for a decade in the 1970s and now open one weekend a year. Thousands of former Land of Oz employees and general Ozheads descend on the park every year in the fall, and apparently in increasing numbers.
As part of the odd attraction — which closed after the death of the owner and a mysterious fire — a recreation of Dorothy's Kansas house (pre-tornado) is now available for those who want a weekend in rustic Beech Mountain, about two hours from Asheville. Open from May to December, the three-bedroom, one-bathroom house is available for only $400 for a two-night weekend or $165 a night during the week; rent the house for a whole week for $1,000.
Read more here on Roadtrippers and see more pics below at at MadFishX.
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- DC's Newest Rail Line Whisking Passengers to Virginia
- PHOTOS: Help Copenhagen Celebrate 25 Years of Equal Marriage
- PHOTOS: Tom Daley & competitors at the 19th FINA Diving World Cup in China