There's no continent on Earth more welcoming to the LGBT traveler than Europe. On top of the accepting embrace, Europe is filled with the things gay travelers love: delicious food, meticulous architecture, stimulating nightlife, and thousands of years of history and culture.
We're highlighting four places that bring out what's best about a European sojourn: Antwerp in Belgium, the Danish capital of Copenhagen, Stockholm in the heart of Scandinavia, and the nation of Germany. All have so much to offer, but each have their own specific delights; Antwerp is an emerging fashion capital, Copenhagen a foodie and bike paradise, Stockholm an international center of design and hipster culture, and Germany, which finds itself glowing in a World Cup win and a capital that's suddenly the epicenter of cool.
All four places are overwhelming in their options for eating, drinking, partying, and experiencing, but we've broken each down so you can see as much as possible even if you're only there for two or three days (or one, God forbid). We know you'll fall in love with Germany and these three breathtaking cities as swiftly as we did.
- ANTWERP, FLANDERS With a fired-up fashion scene and striking new developments, primely positioned Antwerp beats out Bruges and Brussels as the gay heart of Flanders, Belgium's Dutch speaking northern half.
- COPENHAGEN, DENMARK The gastronomic center of Scandinavia, with 15 Michelin-starred restaurants, Copenhagen is a foodie-lover's paradise. It's also a haven of LGBT history: Denmark, back in 1989, was the first country to legalize same-sex unions.
- GERMANYStrategically placed at the heart of the continent, from Cologne to Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt and Hamburg, Germany is a gay traveler's Euro wunderland.
- STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN From divine denim to fanged heartthrobs, Swedish culture is a covetable import, but no hotter than its source: Stockholm, a trendsetting capital as accessible as ABBA.
- See How Gays Travel Over the Holidays In One Nifty Infographic
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- Gay Armada: A Sailing Trip Where Everyone Cruises
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet