The 8 Forgotten Olympic Games
By Kevin Okeeffe
1956 Summer Olympic Games: Melbourne, Australia (and Stockholm)
These Summer Games were hosted down under — except for those competing in equestrian events. Thanks to regulations from the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service that would have required horses to be quarantined, equine competitions had to be held in Sweden's capital instead. The bizarre and not-since-repeated split makes this Games a bit more obscure.
- And the Worst States for LGBTs Are...
- Know What 'Hidden City' Booking Is? Orbitz Doesn't Want You To
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- Gentrifying Downtown L.A. Getting Its Own Gay Bar
- The Most Useless and Inappropriate Items in the SkyMall Catalog