The 8 Forgotten Olympic Games
By Kevin Okeeffe
1956 Summer Olympic Games: Melbourne, Australia (and Stockholm)
These Summer Games were hosted down under — except for those competing in equestrian events. Thanks to regulations from the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service that would have required horses to be quarantined, equine competitions had to be held in Sweden's capital instead. The bizarre and not-since-repeated split makes this Games a bit more obscure.
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Bahamian Pride Canceled After Death Threats
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- VIDEO: A Gay, Half-Naked Takeover of a Barcelona Waterpark
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- PHOTOS: How NOLA's Biggest Gay Event Got So Decadent