10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Flower Gazing in Ash MeadowsPart of the larger Desert National Wildlife Refuge Complex visited earlier,Ash Meadows is renowned for its natural springs, which bubble up from the ground from ancient wells that help sustain the 239 bird species that live here.
It's also home to 24 plant species found nowhere else in the world, such as a species of milkvetch shrub named after the refuge. Reservoirs also abound, as seen in the 70-acre Crystal Reservoir.
The "hiking" here is really just getting out of your car and walk toward the springs and wells marked on the map.
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- An Introduction to Gay Mexico City
- Gay Palm Springs: Dining, Resort Guide, Bars, and Clubs
- The 10 Places LGBT Travelers Should Never Visit
- Naked Ibiza: Dylan Rosser's Photos Urge Us to Cancel Thanksgiving
- Five Gayest Things to do in St. Maarten