10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Joshua Tree, The One And OnlyIf you're up for a slightly longer driver, about three-and-a-half hours, head southwest toJoshua Tree National Park.
Named for the type of outstretched yucca tree that grows here and the rest of the Mojave, Joshua tree is more than acres of forest populated by snakes, sheep and jackrabbits, all of which are noteworthy in their own right. It's a cultural mecca, thanks in large part to U2's 1987 album The Joshua Tree.
The tree pictured on that memorable cover has since fallen down, but today, the Joshua Tree Music Festival keeps the park's musical tradition alive for those who want to play in nature without missing the beat.
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- Gentrifying Downtown L.A. Getting Its Own Gay Bar
- Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever