PHOTOS: The Newest Gay Party in Vegas
By Neal Broverman
The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas is known as one of Vegas's most welcoming casino/resorts for LGBT visitors. The hip property stays true to its rep with a new gay night at its signature dance palace, Marquee Nightclub. Marquee's FREEDOM Sundays debuted this weekend, thanks to LGBT promoter Eduardo Cordova. The first FREEDOM, which is named for queer equality, brought out cast members from Rock of Ages, Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas, Joshua Strickland from Peepshow, Chippendales dancers Jaymes Vaughan and James Davis and Reichen Lehmkuhl and Chip Arndt, from The Amazing Race. "Held in Marquee’s Boom Box Room, the packed crowd danced to the sound of DJ Nick Ayler under spectacular laser shows, and singer Rokelle wowed guests with a special performance of club anthem 'Bullet' as they partied late into the night," according to a release from the club.
Check out the scene at FREEDOM on the following pages. All pictures by Gabe Zapata.
- Hotels Still Making Things Awkward for Gay Couples
- PHOTOS: Barrowman Frenches Guy as Commonwealth Games Begin in Scotland
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- PHOTOS: Alex Minksy And Broadway Studs Bare All for AIDS/HIV Research