Big Gay Ice Cream Opening Biggest Store Ever in L.A.
By OUTTraveler Editors
Big Gay Ice Cream, which first operated a popular truck and now two Big Apple stores, is opening its first restaurant in Los Angeles.
Big Gay Ice Cream L.A. will open this spring on Broadway, in the city's gentrifying downtown core. A new Ace Hotel just opened nearby, as well as the flagship store for Swedish retailer Acne, a beauty boutique called Aesop, and the much-loved Alma restaurant. Out owners Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff said they love Los Angeles for its weather and weirdness and thought downtown was the perfect spot to drop anchor. The 1,500 square foot store will be Big Gay's largest brick-and-mortar.
On the menu will be favorites like the Bea Arthur cone (vanilla soft serve, dulce de leche and crushed Nilla wafers), as well as icy desserts specific to Los Angeles. Click here for more on Big Gay Ice Cream.
- PHOTOS: Celebrate Scotland With Men in Kilts
- Australian Football Cuts Ties With Brunei Airlines
- PHOTOS: The World's Worst Airline Passengers
- Where Do Transgender Travelers Feel Safe?
- PHOTOS: Liberace, Strippers, and Everyone Else at Vegas Pride
- Best Gay Travel - Lists of the Hottest & Best in Gay Travel