Big Gay Ice Cream Opening Biggest Store Ever in L.A.
By OUTTraveler Editors
Big Gay Ice Cream, which first operated a popular truck and now two Big Apple stores, is opening its first restaurant in Los Angeles.
Big Gay Ice Cream L.A. will open this spring on Broadway, in the city's gentrifying downtown core. A new Ace Hotel just opened nearby, as well as the flagship store for Swedish retailer Acne, a beauty boutique called Aesop, and the much-loved Alma restaurant. Out owners Doug Quint and Bryan Petroff said they love Los Angeles for its weather and weirdness and thought downtown was the perfect spot to drop anchor. The 1,500 square foot store will be Big Gay's largest brick-and-mortar.
On the menu will be favorites like the Bea Arthur cone (vanilla soft serve, dulce de leche and crushed Nilla wafers), as well as icy desserts specific to Los Angeles. Click here for more on Big Gay Ice Cream.
READER COMMENTS (
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth
- My City: Colorado Springs
- Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- Why Are Lesbian Bars Vanishing in Some of the Gayest Cities in the Country?