A Week of Rawhide at L.A. Leather Pride
By OUTTraveler Editors
Los Angeles Leather Pride 2014 kicks off Sunday, with a preview event Friday night, and don't expect just dance parties and bar crawls.
The week-long series of events, sponsored by the Los Angeles Leather Coalition, has everything from motorcycle rides to cigar socials to roasts of leatherebrities (we made up that nonsense word). Whether you're into wearing sweaty leather, you have to respect the originality that goes into events like L.A. Leather Pride. A Tom's of Finland-themed pre-party happens Friday night in Long Beach, while the action really revs up on Sunday, with a motorcycle ride at the ONE National Archives, an LGBT museum on the campus of the University of Southern California. If you don't have a hog, then you can skip that and focus on Spank!, a leather karaoke night on Monday. Rather reimagine Xanadu in leather? There's the Hades on Wheels event in Glendale on Wednesday. Don't miss the Leather Gods' Roast of Justin Emerick at Oil Can Harry's in the Valley.
This line-up is truly inspired; there's even a mild-mannered brunch on March 30 to close out the festivities. Click here for more info.
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- The Party's Over for Naked Gay Revelers in Vegas
- Elvis Chapel Among Several in Vegas That Refuse to Perform Gay Weddings
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Let Alan Cumming Tell You About Berlin Sex Clubs