Must See: Fire Island's Top of the Bay Bistro
By Jon Barrett
Yes, yes. We all love Fire Island's beautiful beaches, tea parties and all that. But sometimes you want to slow down and have a nice meal that lets you take it all in.
Top of the Bay is that place. It's an elegant restaurant with fine dining for those who demand style and presentation. Master chef Stephen Daniello changes the menu changes on a regular basis with a sophisticated selection of Cajun, seafood, Mediterranean, Italian and French dishes — what Daniello calls Creole Nouveau—to keep the Fire Island palettes from getting bored.
Top of the Bay's current offering includes grilled flat bread with housemade Mozarella, marinated plum tomatoes and fresh basil chiffonade; pan seared sea scallops with mushroom risotto and a lemon blackberry tart tatin—just a sampling of their mouth-watering fare.
The bistro also has a great deck overlooking the village marina, making it an ideal spot for a romantic evening or for a sunset glass of wine with friends while watching the other islanders below.
Watch Here TV's Josh Rosenzweig speak with Master Chef Stephen Daniello below:
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men? Iceland!
- New Exhibition Explores Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals
- EXCLUSIVE | Surprising and Gay-friendly Merida Part 1
- This Just Out: The Thompson Chicago Wants You to Get Hitched at Pride
- I Was in Dublin for the Marriage Equality Referendum & Will Never Forget the Experience
- 2015 Pride Guide