Icelandair Wants You to Live Out Your Game of Thrones Fantasies
By Neal Broverman
The hyper-violent and sexually-adventurous HBO drama Game of Thrones is a fan favorite of many LGBT television viewers. For the truly devoted, Icelandair is offering a Game of Thrones-themed package starting at $1,425 from two East Coast cities.
Departing Newark and Washington, D.C., the trip includes time in the cosmopolitan capital of Reykjavik, as well as the northern town of Akuryeri and Lake Myvatn, a "beautiful lake area in the northeast surrounded by mysterious lava fields" where the third and fourth seasons were filmed. The tour includes trips to the show's "famed ice wall," and tours of the "Seven Kingdoms" with a local guide, the same person that advised the Thrones crew.
Other highlights: "Visit the areas where Night's Watchmen, including Samwell Tarly and Lord Commander Mormont, are attacked by the White Walkers. Walk the land that Jon Snow, Ygritte and the Free Folk cross to reach the Wall. Visit the cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte have their first intimate romantic encounter. Learn about how the Free Folk, like the ancient Vikings, lived and survived in their harsh environment."
Click here to book and view dates and restrictions. Watch a trailer for the show below:
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- Meet the Lucky Couple Getting Married By Seattle's Out Mayor
- How to Pick Up a Guy in Five Languages
- VIDEO: A Gay, Half-Naked Takeover of a Barcelona Waterpark
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe