By Ed Salvato
Most LGBT travelers know that Rio's Carnival (Mardi Gras celebration) is a white-hot and gay-popular event. Fewer know that many gay Brazilians go to Floriapolis to celebrate. This year's festivities, March 5-8 will be hotter than ever.
This coastal town is located to the south of Brazil (here's a map) and is becoming the go-to hot spot for in-the-know LGBT jetsetters. Mix Brasil, the main LGBT site in Brazil, already crowned Florianopolis the gay-est Carnival in Brazil in 2011. Click here for more information, including a booking option with a very highly regarded LGBT travel agent tour operator, Brazil Ecojourneys.
- Midnight in Paris: Hotel Jules et Jim gets it just right
- Popular NYC Saloon, Flaming Saddles, Opens Second Outpost in Weho
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- Sims Foster Explains the first Ice Fishing Derby in New York's Catskills
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- PHOTOS: A Bodybuilding Tour of the Globe