Woman Proposes to Girlfriend in Front of Downtown San Diego
By Neal Broverman
A female couple became the first to broadcast their proposal on the side of the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego.
Kelley Edwards asked longtime girlfriend Shamika Roquemore to marry her on Wednesday via a projection on the side of the downtown hotel, which overlooks busy Fifth Street (Roquemore said "yes.") Hotel staff used new video mapping software and a high-end projector to ensure the message was bright enough to be seen throughout downtown.
The public proposal is available to anyone, via the "Put-a-Ring-On-It" promotion at the hotel. The promotion includes the option for a private chef, photographer, and red carpet. Click here for more info.
- Study: Gays Are Leaving the 'Gayborhood'
- Told to Protest in a Landfill, Russians Hold Pride Rally Anyways
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Toronto Club that Played Queer as Folk's Babylon Is Closing
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- 10 Spas to Maximize Your Manliness