Get Your Betty Draper On at Palm Springs' Modernism Week
By Nicholas Cimarusti
Does modern design and architecture catch your eye? Do you have a taste for the mid-century? Then check out Modernism Week in Palm Springs, which kicks off the social and recreational season for which Palm Springs is known.
Every October, a mini Modernism Week over the Columbus Day weekend serves as a preview for February's longer event. An awards luncheon is held as is a welcome back party for the Architecture and Design Council of the Palm Springs Art Museum. Also on schedule is the Modernism Yard Sale, which features 23 vendors.
Walking tours, bike tours, and even double decker bus tours are offered so Modernism enthusiasts can indulge in everything modern that Palm Springs has to offer. The style of this desert city is effortlessly sleek so don't miss this chance to get a closer look at Palm Springs's modern tendencies.
To buy tickets for the October Palm Springs Modernism Week, click here.
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful People of Coachella 2014
- A Photographer and His Muse
- 5th Annual Down at Dinah: What the Celesbians and Celebs Are Packing
- PHOTOS: Newest Gay Pool Party Hits Vegas
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- Will Marriage Equality Turn Virginia Into a Gay Destination?