Shot of the Day: Empire State of Mind
By OUTTraveler Editors
We at Out Traveler are happy to announce a new(ish) daily feature. Our "Shot of the Day" highlights a beautiful vacation picture from anyone (but hopefully LGBT). If you have an arresting travel shot, please send it to [email protected] with a sentence or two describing the details; where and when it took place, and maybe your favorite memory of that trip. Don't forget your name and where you live.
Today's picture is from Jonathan in North Carolina. "My partner, Ed, and I got married on Sept. 14 in NYC," Jonathan writes. "We live in the beautiful but steadily political-regress state of North Carolina. The wedding was a magical experience for both of us and our attendees. After the ceremony, my dad said, 'I don't know why they call it 'gay marriage' when there was nothing gay about it....it was just two people celebrating their love in front of God and their family and friends.' Ed and I were stunned to realize that the wedding ceremony created a paradigm shift in the minds of everyone present."
For more information on visiting or marrying in New York, click here.
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- DC's Newest Rail Line Whisking Passengers to Virginia
- PHOTOS: Help Copenhagen Celebrate 25 Years of Equal Marriage
- PHOTOS: Tom Daley & competitors at the 19th FINA Diving World Cup in China