JetBlue Designs New
By OUTTraveler Editors
Everyone who works at JetBlue--from the ground crew to the pilots--will have a new uniform by spring 2014, travel blog Skift reports.
"We've had the same uniform for 12 years, says crew member Rosie Lavoie, who contributed to the design.
The uniforms were designed by Michael Schwarz of design firm Stan Herman, who also created uniforms for McDonald's, Fedex, Avis, and JetBlue's previous duds.
As explained in the video below, the airline had crew members from each group meet with the designers. "We have our frontline crew members who wear the uniforms everyday at the table with us telling us directly and specifically what they need in a uniform," says Lisa Borromeo, director, brand management and advertising.
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever
- The Most Useless and Inappropriate Items in the SkyMall Catalog
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Rio Favela
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Get Ready to Vote: Out Traveler Awards Nominees Coming Next Week