Big News for the Gay Games
By OUTTraveler Editors
The 2014 Gay Games in Cleveland got a big boost this week when The Cleveland Foundation announced a $250,000 donation to the sporting event, becoming the first-ever presenting sponsor of the Gay Games, the Associated Press reports. So the games will officially be called the 2014 Gay Games Presented by The Cleveland Foundation.
In addition to the Foundation, accounting firm Ernst & Young became the event’s first national sponsor with a $100,000 donation.
“We’re obviously thrilled about the announcement that shows this two organizations, rooted in Cleveland…they both see the value of the Gay Games and to the overall health of the community, games executive director Thomas Nobbe said.
Find out more about the Cleveland Gay Games here and watch a report prior to the last games, in Cologne in 2010, below.
- See How Gays Travel Over the Holidays In One Nifty Infographic
- Know What 'Hidden City' Booking Is? Orbitz Doesn't Want You To
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Pride Is a Southern Star
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet