Stonewall-Themed Journey Is on Agenda for Pride of the Ocean Cruises
By OUTTraveler Editors
Pride of the Ocean has three cruises in the pipeline for 2014, with one honoring the 45th anniversary of Stonewall, another commemorating Coming Out Day, and a "sampler" cruise to the Bahamas.
The announcement of the schedule was made this week in Seattle by Greg Louganis, Olympic diver and star of the film Back on Board, and cruise director James Polli. Pride of the Ocean's first floating film festival of 2014 will be in June, 45 years after the Stonewall rebellion in New York. In honor of Stonewall, the cruise will take off from New York and feature films revolving around the 1969 LGBT riots; the documentary After Stonewall will be the highlight.
In October, timed to Coming Out Day, will be a cruise from Honolulu to five Hawaiian islands. The films shown will center about the Asian/Pacific Islander LGBT experience.
But before those big cruises, Pride of the Ocean will offer a "sampler cruise" at the end of January from Miami to Nassau, in the Bahamas. The short jaunt will feature a screening of Bahamian director Kareem Mortimer's lauded film Children of God.
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- PHOTOS: Key West's Fantasy Fest Parade Gets a Tiny Bit Serious
- 12 Places To Rest Your Head In The Big Easy