Andy Cohen Drops Out of Hosting Miss Universe — Because of Russia
By Neal Broverman
Andy Cohen, the host of Bravo's Watch What Happens Live, has dropped out of co-hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, saying he doesn't feel safe traveling to Russia as a gay man.
Reacting to the nation's recent antigay "propaganda" bill, Cohen told E! News, "Their discriminatory policies make it unsafe for the gays who live there and gays coming to work or visit... The law is that anyone under suspicion of homosexuality can be arrested. [I don't] feel right as a gay man stepping foot into Russia."
The Miss Universe pageant is scheduled for November 9 in Moscow. There is already a Change.org petition urging a change of venue, with over 25,000 supporters. Donald Trump, the owner of the Miss Universe pageant, has not commented on the petition.
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- Vote for the Best Gayborhood in America
- Fifth Atlantic City Casino Closes as Trump Taj Mahal Bites Dust
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss