10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Overlooking Las VegasA moderate 6.3 mile hike inRed Rock Canyon, the Las Vegas Overlook loop can't be beat when it comes to looking down on Sin City, but turn around and you'll see real splendor in the canyon's cardinals and pinks.
Or, if you're not in the mood to hoof it over limestone, there's also a Cowboy Trails horseback tour that will let a beast do the work for you, just like the wranglers of yore.
Eagle eyed hikers should keep an eye out for sea shell imprints left over from when the entire state was submerged under water.
- The Party's Over for Naked Gay Revelers in Vegas
- The Giant Butt Plug of Paris is No More
- A First-Person Account of New Orleans' Naked Pool Club
- What to Do at (and How to Survive) Whistler's WinterPRIDE
- Gay Tips for St. Augustine, Fla.: The South's Little Secret
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth