WATCH: Documentary on 'Most Insane Amusement Park Ever'
By Daniel Reynolds
One of the world’s deadliest amusement parks is the subject of a new documentary.
Produced by Mashable and Daily Motion, the short film, titled The Most Instane Amusement Park Ever, tells the story of Action Park, a New Jersey amusement park that caused the deaths of at least six people and many reported injuries through its run from 1978 to 1996, reports NJ.com.
The documentary aims to verify the truths and dispel the rumors that surround the park, located in Vernon, N.J., including reports of rampant intoxication of visitors, shoddy supervision, poorly enforced guidelines, and the dangers of its badly designed rides.
One ride, an enclosed waterslide featuring an upside-down loop, has come to visually epitomize the dangers of this amusement park.
Action Park was divided into three sections, including one of the nation’s first water parks. The park also contained Motorworld, which offered go-karts and water speedboats, plus an area for skiing in the winter. It now operates under the name of Mountain Creek.
Watch part one of the documentary below. Watch part two here.
- New Plane Makes Room For Your Carry-Ons and iPads
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- Protestors to Broadcast Stoning on Side of Bev Hills Hotel
- PHOTOS: Barrowman Frenches Guy as Commonwealth Games Begin in Scotland
- Planning a Surprise Gay Wedding in the Caribbean Isn't Easy