Royal Caribbean's Newest Space-Age Attraction
By OUTTraveler Editors
Royal Caribbean revealed plans for the newest ship in its fleet, Quantum of the Seas, at a press conference in New York City on Wednesday. And although Broadway and TV star Kristin Chenoweth was presenting the news, CNTraveler.com reports that the real star was images of the ships articulating observation arm inspired by London’s Millennium Eye.
Reports CNTraveler: "The unprecedented attraction, dubbed North Star, will hoist as many as 13 guests as high as 300 feet above sea level for panoramic views. It's just one of many new features on the ship, which will make its inaugural said out of Bayonne, N.J., in the fall of 2014. Also on board: a simulated skydiving experience, a version of the line's popular FlowRider surfing simulator, and 'virtual balconies,' video screens that provide streaming views of the ship's surroundings to interior cabins."
See more images of ship here.
- Hotels Still Making Things Awkward for Gay Couples
- PHOTOS: Barrowman Frenches Guy as Commonwealth Games Begin in Scotland
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- PHOTOS: Alex Minksy And Broadway Studs Bare All for AIDS/HIV Research