Fire Island's Iconic Pavilion Nightclub Back in Business
By Neal Broverman
After burning to the ground in the fall of 2011, Fire Island's legendary Pavilion nightclub — the center of the island's social scene — is open again after a year and a half of design and construction.
Designed by HWKN, the entire new Pavilion includes a 2,000 square foot dance club, a 2,760 square foot High Tea Deck, Welcome Bar, gym, and three retail offices. The Pavilion is open now but will have festivities honoring its rise from the ashes beginning Monday and lasting until Sunday.
One of the events will be a ceremony for the new club's distinctive chandelier — modeled on the chandeliers that hung in the former Pavilion — which bears the names of those who helped bring the legendary spot back to life. There will also be lots of top-notch DJs and performers, including Tony Moran, Deborah Cooper, and Eddie Elias.
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful People of Coachella 2014
- Will Marriage Equality Turn Virginia Into a Gay Destination?
- Gay Power Players Ditch Bev. Hills Hotel Over Antigay Owner
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- NYC Landlord Bars Tenant From Opening Gay Bar
- Big Gay Ice Cream Opening Biggest Store Ever in L.A.