Fire Island's Iconic Pavilion Nightclub Back in Business
By Neal Broverman
After burning to the ground in the fall of 2011, Fire Island's legendary Pavilion nightclub — the center of the island's social scene — is open again after a year and a half of design and construction.
Designed by HWKN, the entire new Pavilion includes a 2,000 square foot dance club, a 2,760 square foot High Tea Deck, Welcome Bar, gym, and three retail offices. The Pavilion is open now but will have festivities honoring its rise from the ashes beginning Monday and lasting until Sunday.
One of the events will be a ceremony for the new club's distinctive chandelier — modeled on the chandeliers that hung in the former Pavilion — which bears the names of those who helped bring the legendary spot back to life. There will also be lots of top-notch DJs and performers, including Tony Moran, Deborah Cooper, and Eddie Elias.
READER COMMENTS (
- Naked Ibiza: Dylan Rosser's Photos Urge Us to Cancel Thanksgiving
- Meet the New Mr. Gay World
- Canada Plans to Welcome Single Gay Syrian Refugees, But Not Straight Ones
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- OutTraveler's 200 of the Greatest Gay Bars in the World
- Four Unforgettable Days in Thailand