For New Yorkers, Rehoboth Beach Beckons — By Bus
By Neal Broverman
A gay-owned bus company called DC2NY launched a popular route last year from New York's Penn Station to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. The company has rebranded itself as BestBus and is now running service from both NYC and Washington, D.C. to Delaware's little beach paradise.
Tickets remain about $45 from Times Square — the bus stop is no longer at Penn Station, but located on Eighth Avenue, between 39th and 40th streets — to Rehoboth Beach (bus stop is in a parking lot behind the fire station). There's also a stop at Delaware's Dewey Beach, with a stop in front of the Hyatt Place on Route One. The ride between New York and Delaware takes about 4.5 hours. Service between D.C. (with a stop in Dupont Circle, at the corner of 20th Street and Massachusetts Avenue NW) and Rehoboth takes a touch over two hours. Best Bus also has service between Manassas, Va. and Times Square.
BestBus features outlets on their buses, along with WiFi service. There are no bathrooms, but each bus driver takes a vote to determine whether a bathroom break is needed (so go before!). Click here for more info.
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- Meet the Lucky Couple Getting Married By Seattle's Out Mayor
- How to Pick Up a Guy in Five Languages
- VIDEO: A Gay, Half-Naked Takeover of a Barcelona Waterpark
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe