JetBlue Backs Out NBA Player
By OUTTraveler Editors
A day after free-agent NBA player Jason Collins shook the world by announcing that he is gay, JetBlue took to its Facebook page with a sign of support, posting the above image—along with the words, “Thanks Jason, Today We’re All on the Same Team.”
Not all of JetBlue’s Facebook follwers are on the same team, though. “Jet Blue CRASHED and failed on their take-off on a sound principle: STAY NEUTRAL,” wrote one user. Another wrote: “JetBlue you have just lost my respect. I will no longer fly with you. Keep your political crap behind closed doors. Stay Neutral.”
But many more followers agreed with the airline's forward-thinking post. “You have given me hope that there maybe [sic] some humanity left in corporate America!” wrote one. “Love JetBlue! Thank you for standing up for equality!!!” wrote another.
Go here to let JetBlue know what you think of its support of Jason Collins.
- L.A. to S.F. in 35 Minutes? Might Not Be a Pipe Dream
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?
- WATCH: Terrifying Turbulence Captured on Video
- Nine Looking Pics That Have Us Salivating for S.F.
- A First-Person Account of New Orleans' Naked Pool Club
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever