Don't Forget About Delaware! Marriages Start Monday
By Neal Broverman
California may be getting all the attention now that marriage equality is headed back to the Golden State, but Delaware will get there first, as same-sex marriage becomes legal there on Monday.
Marriage licenses will be available in the state's three counties on July 1, just months after the state's legislature legalized such unions. State Sen. Karen Peterson, who came out during the legislative debate, will convert her civil partnership with Vikky Brandy to a marriage on Monday, becoming the state's first married same-sex couple. Meanwhile, realtor Chris Beagle will become one-half of the state's first male married couple after he weds his partner in gay-popular Rehoboth Beach on Monday. Read more in the Washington Blade.
So, will you make an extra visit to Rehoboth Beach this summer? If you live in New York City, a new bus will help get you there quickly.
- Backlash Against Out NYC Hotel Continues After Ted Cruz Event
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- How to Help With Nepal Earthquake Relief
- Istanbul: A Mystical Place Lures Gay Travelers
- Exclusive | Key West: What to See & Do Part Two
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA