Don't Forget About Delaware! Marriages Start Monday
By Neal Broverman
California may be getting all the attention now that marriage equality is headed back to the Golden State, but Delaware will get there first, as same-sex marriage becomes legal there on Monday.
Marriage licenses will be available in the state's three counties on July 1, just months after the state's legislature legalized such unions. State Sen. Karen Peterson, who came out during the legislative debate, will convert her civil partnership with Vikky Brandy to a marriage on Monday, becoming the state's first married same-sex couple. Meanwhile, realtor Chris Beagle will become one-half of the state's first male married couple after he weds his partner in gay-popular Rehoboth Beach on Monday. Read more in the Washington Blade.
So, will you make an extra visit to Rehoboth Beach this summer? If you live in New York City, a new bus will help get you there quickly.
- Hotels Still Making Things Awkward for Gay Couples
- VIDEO: Dustin Lance Black, Tom Daley's Terrifying Flight
- PHOTOS: Ptown Bear Week Roars on Instagram
- Trina, Controversial Rapper Headline Gay Men of Color Party
- PHOTOS: NYC Pride History in Pictures
- 8 Things We Learned From This Undercover Report on Brunei's Gay Scene