It's business as usual on Broadway. Well, almost. With the exception of box office hits Disney’s Aladdin and The Lion King, Broadway shows scheduled to have performances on Tuesday, Jan. 27, will be up and running.
“Most shows will go on as scheduled tonight. For those who are staying in hotels and can’t get home, it’s a great time to see a show," Charlotte St. Martin, Executive Director of The Broadway League, said. "As always, the safety and security of theatergoers and employees is everyone's primary concern, so those who can’t get in to the city should contact their point of purchase for questions about exchange or refund policies.”
The five shows you shouldn't miss (or you should see again)? We recommend:
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch, with Hedwig creator John Cameron Mitchell in the lead at the moment.
- Cabaret, with Emma Stone as Sally Bowles and the always delightful Alan Cumming
- Kinky Boots, with Kyle Taylor Parker filling in for Billy Porter while the Tony winner takes a leave of absence.
- It's Only a Play, with Maulik Pancholy in it, alongside Martin Short, Murray Abraham, Matthew Broderick, Stockard Channing, and Micah Stock.
- You Can't Take It With You, which currently features Anna Chlumsky (of Veep fame) alongside the stellar cast, including James Earl Jones.
For more information, visit Broadway.org