Top 10 Gayest Neighborhoods in America
Looking to move to an area that’s flying a few more rainbow flags? Well Jed Kolko, the Chief Economist at real estate website Trulia.com, crunched the numbers. He’s taken every ZIP code in the United States and calculated the share of households owned by male same-sex couples and female same-sex couples? The gayest neighborhood in America? ZIP code 94114, a.k.a the Castro in San Francisco. Yeah, we weren’t surprised either. This is the nabe where a kerfluffle enrupted when the city tried to mandate that if you're, you must put down a towel before sitting on a park bench. (Being naked itself? A-okay.)
The list for male same-sex couples is as follows:
- (94114) The Castro, San Francisco, Calif.
- (92264) Palm Springs, Calif.
- (02657) Provincetown, Cape Code, Mass.
- (92262) Palm Springs, Calif.
- (33305) Wilton Manors, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- (90069) West Hollywood, Los Angeles, Calif.
- (94131) Noe Valley/Glen Park/ Diamond Heights, San Francisco, Calif.
- (75219) Oak Lawn, Dallas, Tex.
- (19971) Rehoboth Beach, Del.
- (48069) Pleasant Ridge, suburban Detroit, Mich.
As for the ladies, the top spot goes to Provincetown, Cape Cod, Mass. I know, another shocker. But isn't there comfort in knowing where to find out kin? Here’s the top 10: