Are You Too Sexy for Saudi Arabia?
By OUTTraveler Editors
Three delegates from the United Arab Emirates attending a cultural festival in the Saudi capital of Riyadh were evicted from the country last week because “they are too handsome,” according to a Telegraph report based on the Arabic paper Elaph.
“A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared females could fall for them,” Elaph reported.
This, of course, must have prompted the other men at the festival to ask, “What are we? Chopped liver?”
Read the full Telegraph story here.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.
- PHOTOS: Get Excited for SF's Folsom Street Fair
- Photos: California Gays Invade Six Flags
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- NYC Wine Bar Offering 'Big Straight Ice Cream'
- The Newest LGBT Cruise Sets Sail With Transgender Travelers Taking Center Stage
- PHOTOS: Dive In to Sitges Bear Week