Are You Too Sexy for Saudi Arabia?
By OUTTraveler Editors
Three delegates from the United Arab Emirates attending a cultural festival in the Saudi capital of Riyadh were evicted from the country last week because “they are too handsome,” according to a Telegraph report based on the Arabic paper Elaph.
“A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared females could fall for them,” Elaph reported.
This, of course, must have prompted the other men at the festival to ask, “What are we? Chopped liver?”
Read the full Telegraph story here.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful People of Coachella 2014
- Will Marriage Equality Turn Virginia Into a Gay Destination?
- F-bomb Dropper Azealia Banks Performing at L.A. Pride
- Gay Travel Advice - Tips, Travel Alerts & Expert Insight
- Best Gay Travel - Lists of the Hottest & Best in Gay Travel
- A History of Coachella