You probably know Kristen Mann, the 6-foot-2 WNBA goddess, from her days on the court with the Minnesota Lynx. Recently, however, Mann has also set off in a new direction as front woman for the band Sapphica, with fellow musician Gabriel Mann (neither related to Kristen nor the actor from Revenge). Since both careers have seen her laying down tracks (in the studio and around the globe), we thought she's be the perfect subject for our 10 Questions:
(Listen to Robitixxx from Sapphica’s latest EP “Unlisted” while you read.)
1. Where did you go on your last vacation? Hawaii.
2. What was the highlight of the trip? Seeing my best friend marry her beautiful wife.
3. Light traveler or overpacker? In-between, actually.
4. What is the one thing you couldn’t travel without? iPhone. I need my music.
5. How many stamps in your passport? Too many. I actually need to add more pages.
6. Any place you didn’t want to go, but then it turned out you liked? Orenburg, Russia. Look it up! Can't say I loved it, but it was definitely an experience.
7. What is your all-time favorite travel memory? Being stuck on a plane with a 6-year-old girl who only spoke French and was traveling from Los Angeles to Paris BY HERSELF. Not my favorite 11-hour trip, but definitely a memorable one! I basically babysat for free... Ridiculous!
8. What hotel would you happily move into? The W.
9. How does travel inspire you? It's always an adventure. From sightseeing to meeting new people or exploring different cultures, even terrible travel can be priceless.
10. Where will you take your next adventure? Somewhere in Europe....
To find out more about Kristen, visit Sapphica.com. Watch the video for "Quiet Window" below: