Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin
By Neal Broverman
Stockholm Pride stuck it to Russian president Vladimir Putin by sending him a "Lovie Award" with the inscription: "To a man with a heart of stone, here's a heart of gold."
The "gift" was the final act of Stockholm Pride's #GoWest campaign, which urged people to ditch LGBT events in Russia — because of its state-sponsored homophobia — and instead visit Sweden. Everyone from Boy George to Tegan and Sara participated in the effort.
"The reason we are sending Putin the gold heart is to once again point out that we will continue to fight for a more human Russia," #GoWest campaign manager Jessica Sandberg said in a statement.
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- Travel Companies With Perfect Scores on HRC's Equality List
- What City is Doubling Down on Transgender Tourism?
- Sex-Positive Radical Faerie House in S.F. Imperiled
- Fifth Atlantic City Casino Closes as Trump Taj Mahal Bites Dust
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback