Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin
By Neal Broverman
Stockholm Pride stuck it to Russian president Vladimir Putin by sending him a "Lovie Award" with the inscription: "To a man with a heart of stone, here's a heart of gold."
The "gift" was the final act of Stockholm Pride's #GoWest campaign, which urged people to ditch LGBT events in Russia — because of its state-sponsored homophobia — and instead visit Sweden. Everyone from Boy George to Tegan and Sara participated in the effort.
"The reason we are sending Putin the gold heart is to once again point out that we will continue to fight for a more human Russia," #GoWest campaign manager Jessica Sandberg said in a statement.
- Backlash Against Out NYC Hotel Continues After Ted Cruz Event
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- How to Help With Nepal Earthquake Relief
- Exclusive | Key West: What to See & Do Part Two
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots