All Rights reserved
On Friday, March 4, downtown Los Angeles gets its second dose of "Le Bal", a night of drag performances hosted by Candis Cayne at The Theatre at Ace Hotel. We caught up with one of the night's star performers, RuPaul's Drag Race alum Trixie Mattel, to get some insight into our favorite living doll's recent globetrotting:
1. Where was the last place you traveled?
I was just in the UK for a week with Katya [Zamolodchikova]! We shamed ourselves and changed lives.
2. What was your favorite memory from the trip?
There was a meet and greet where a gentleman pulled out his genitals and had us sign his testicles. He was also screaming the whole time. I couldn't stop screaming either.
3. Preferred mode of travel: Barbie Glam Vacation Jet or Barbie Glam Convertible?
I think I've wasted enough of my youth on aircrafts. I want the convertible - like Angelyne!
4. Three accessories you always pack in your bag of Trixie?
I have a white sequined hairbow that I wear at every single show. I also require 12 pairs of eyelashes and medical tape.
5. Strangest item you’ve ever brought back from a trip?
I recently received a baby doll painted to look like me. It's the closest to parenthood I ever want to be.
6. Favorite place to go for a weekend getaway?
I love Kentucky! The kindness of the Midwest with the charm of the South- plus it's where all the bourbon comes from.
7. What’s the one thing a first-time visitor to your hometown, Milwaukee, shouldn’t miss?
You need a craft beer and you need cheese. Milwaukee is all about drinking, eating, and bitching about shoveling.
8. What are you most looking forward to about your upcoming "Le Bal" appearance?
"Le Bal" is all about the showmanship of drag; we are taking drag even higher than over the top. "Le Bal" is also all about the audience polishing themselves for an evening and being seen.
9. Speaking of, the Le Bal you’re most excited to see drop: the one in Times Square on New Year’s Eve or Ken’s?
Ken and I have kept it fairly amicable. We don't have children and I know that divorces can be hard when families are pulled apart.
10. Where will you go on your next adventure?
I am headed back to Chicago! Chicago features the most vibrant drag scene in the world. But that's only my opinion and opinions are like assholes - everyone has two.
Tickets for “Le Bal” which will also feature Raja, Detox and Delta Work are available online at www.acehotel.com/le-bal.