Not only has Cameron Esposito appeared on Logo, NPR, and stages at SXSW, she was named on of the top 12 comedy acts to watch in Los Angeles by LA Weekly (2013) and founded SIDE MULLET NATION, a solo show created for TBS Just for Laughs Chicago.
'This spring, Cameron will traverse the country on tour, appearing most notably at The Venetian Las Vegas on Saturday, April 25 at 8 p.m. for its second season of Lipshtick, a series showcasing some seriously funny stand-up comediennes. Luckily, we were able to ask her our 10 questions before she set off:
1. Where did you go on your last vacation? Ojai, California.
2. Whale-watching trips: why? Dolphin revenge.
3. Destination at the top of your bucket list? Target (best place to purchase buckets).
4. Any travel stories that involve an actual bucket or a list? I once barfed on the church where my great great grandparents were married in Tuscany. Food poisoning. A bucket would have helped.
5. Favorite city to do stand-up? My hometown Chicago, Illinois. Cuz Garrett's popcorn stocks my green room with fancy cheese popcorn whenever I'm in town. You listening, other cities? I WANNA EAT YOUR CHEESE POPCORN FOR FREE.
6. Favorite place to lie down? I'm lying down in a trailer on set at IFC's Maron right now! Very much enjoying it.
7. Worst place to tell a joke? On an airplane.
8. What is the capital of Side Mullet Nation? Portland, Oregon.
9. Thing you’re most likely to lose in Vegas? Patience.
10. Speaking of Lipshtick, which city has the best lesbian fans (lipstick or otherwise)? I'm the lesbian Pied Piper; cool gals with odd haircuts find me wherever I go. And lots of straight gals and dude of all kinds too. Guess you might say there are audience members whenever I perform standup comedy in front of audiences.
For more details on Lipshtick at The Venentian or to purchase tickets, clickhere.