Ruins, reefs and a reality star
Story by Aefa Mulholland.
The 7 things I’m most looking forward to on November's inaugural women'sSweet Cruise
1. With parties, restaurants, bars, pools, and 1900 women on board, the inauguralSweet Caribbean Cruiseis irresistible. Choose from Club Skirts’ T-dance, bingo, casino fun, cooking demos, spa visits, the inspiring Sweet Sparks talk series. And that’s all just on day one! There are seven such fun- and sun-filled days on the horizon (November 8-15, 2009;DiscoverSweet.com; payment plans start at $36/month). Check out carbon neutral Sweet’s impressive voluntourism options, too.
2. Exploring Mayan ruins and wildlife sanctuaries outside Belize City.
3. Getting my order in at the swim up bar at Costa Maya.
4. Snorkeling the reef at Roatan, Honduras.
5. Causing a ruckus on a catamaran during a party cruise.
6. And of course dolphin-spotting. It just wouldn’t be a lesbian cruise without a bit of dolphin-spotting.
7. Reality TV starDani Campbellof “A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila” fame. Dani will be on board looking for love herself this time. One lucky lady will win a date with the hottie Florida firefighter and a chance to become Dani’s next first mate.