Philadelphia Heats Up
Story by Ed Salvato; Photo by R. Wise Courtesy of Eastern State Penitentiary. Above: Terror Behind the Walls, a haunted house inside an abandoned prison that once held notorious criminals like Al Capone
The City of Brotherly Love (and Sisterly Affection) cooks throughout the year, but it feels just right in the warm-but-not broiling months of fall and spring.Here's a round up of upcoming events, perfect to plan a visit around.
- 8th Annual Gay Community Night at the Phillies
- Join LGBT baseball fans, friends, and family for the Phillies vs. the Astros.
September 17-November 6
- Terror Behind the Walls (Halloween at Eastern State Penitentiary)
- See image above.
- 2nd Annual Gayborhood Games
- Singers, comedians, drag performers, hair and fashion show, chef's cake competitions, bartender competition, and much more.
October 10 (that's 10/10/10)
- Outfest in October
- The largest gay block party in the country celebrating National Coming-Out Day brought to you by the folks behind Philly Pride [http://phillypride.org/]
- National Mr. Gay Competition
- The winner goes on to International Mr. Gay.
Ongoing through January 2, 2011
- Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egypt
- Catch this queen before she elbow-elbow-wrist-wrists out of the area. This is the one-and-only east coast venue to mount this stunning exhibit.