Gay Travel Round-up
Round up by Ed Salvato; image Mother and Father Worked Hard So I Can Play by Yinka Shonibare from The Brooklyn Museum of Art, part of the Ringling International Arts Festival
Florida arts festival
- The 2nd annual Ringling International Arts Festival (RIAF) is set for October 13-17 in Sarasota, FL. Playwright Nilo Cruz, Mikhail Baryshnikov and violinist Tim Fain are the headline acts premiering their newest creations on opening night (October 13).
- For more information about the festival and ticket prices visit RinglingArtsFestival.org.
Wine, no headache
- The highly-acclaimed South Gate (154 Central Park South between 6th and 7th Avenues, NYC) at Jumeirah Essex House on Central Park South announced a Live Virtual Wine Tasting experience.
- You just missed the inaugural one (September 23), but South Gate is planning on holding monthly virtual wine-tastings. For information about upcoming wine-tasting events at South Gate, visit the Jumeirah Essex House Facebook page or South Gate's website.
- Speaking of fermented grapes, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is featuring a new exhibit “How Wine Became Modern: Design + Wine 1976 to Now,” Nov. 20, 2010–April 17, 2011, looking at the contemporary culture of wine and the role architecture, design, and media have played in its transformation over the last three decades.
- For more information visit SFMoMA.org.
September 29 2010 6:00 AM EST
February 25 2013 9:44 PM EST