Ad Warns Hollywood Against Patronizing Sultan's Hotels
By Neal Broverman
Groups including the LA Gay & Lesbian Center, GLAAD, and the Courage Campaign bought a full-page ad in the Hollywood trade paper Variety that tells readers "Don't Sleep with the Sultan."
The advertisement, running in the latest Variety, reminds readers that doing business at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Hotel Bel-Air, or any of the sultan's Dorchester Properties contribute to the pocketbook of the dictator, who recently legalized the stoning and flogging of women and LGBTs.
"If you're planning an event at one of the Dorchester hotels, please host it elsewhere," the ad reads. "If you're going out for drinks or a meal, dine at a property whose owner doesn't support the oppression of women and LGBT people. And please don't spend a night at any of the Sultan's Dorchester Collection of hotels."
Aside from the previously mentioned groups, the HRC, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Equality California, the Feminist Majority, the Latino Equality Alliance, and the UniteHere! Local 11 union helped pay for the ad.
READER COMMENTS (
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Russian Pol Calls for Lifetime Ban on Tim Cook
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- Get Ready to Vote: Out Traveler Awards Nominees Coming Next Week