It's good to be Shah. Or, at least, it's good to be Reza Farahan, the openly gay star of Bravo's hit show, Shahs of Sunset. Known as much for the sharp cut of his suits as his one-liners, everyone's favorite mustachioed Persian-American has managed to steal the spotlight for four seasons by being both outrageously over-the-top and genuinely likeable (a rare combination of traits among reality stars.) And, despite having just wrapped up a fresh new season of episodes, Reza caught up with us for this edition of QUEST10NS:
1. Where did you go on your last trip?
2. What was your favorite memory from it?
The ancients ruins.
3. You travel a lot on Shahs; what was the most Shah-worthy experience you've had that we didn't see on the show?
The Sky Suites we stayed at in Vegas had a round-the-clock butler. Literally, he was at our disposal for anything we wanted. Just press a button and BAM!
4. Your favorite piece of luggage to bring on a trip?
My Louis Vuitton Pégase. It’s the perfect size for trips in the two to five day range and I roll it with me wherever I go.
5. What three items would we always find in your grooming kit?
Kiehl’s Ultimate Brushless shave cream, Terre d’Hermes cologne and my special mustache comb and scissors.
6. What airline has the best first class?
My best first class experience has been with Air France thus far.
7. Most styling hotel suite you've stayed in?
I’d have to say the Sky Suites at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Each of the five bedrooms had a his and hers bath fully stocked with Hermes products. You could literally smell me from a mile away that weekend. Almost tied for first place is The Georges V in Paris.
8. As a Shah of Sunset, which Sunset Boulevard location do you recommend any out-of-towner visit while in Los Angeles?
I’m obsessed with the Tower Bar at the Sunset Tower Hotel. It has an old-world Hollywood feel. I also love Cafe Med for lunch, great food and people watching. And, of course, I’d have to say the Soho House, where you can find the best Moscow Mule and views in the city.
9. Favorite getaway when you need some quiet time with Adam?
Easy! Palm Springs, we really love it there and always come back feeling relaxed and refreshed.
10. Where do you plan to go on your next adventure?
Great question. Adam and I have been throwing around the idea of Fiji, but nothing has been finalized yet.
Catch up with Reza (and the rest of the cast) when Shahs of Sunset returns to Bravo in April.