Palm Springs, Calif. - Club Skirts Presents The Dinah Weekend, the world's largest girl party and music festival, is already under way in Palm Springs. This year's star-powered lineup of performers includes DJ Samantha Ronson, Orange is the New Black cast members Lea Delaria and Taryn Manning, and gender-fluid model/Soul Artist Management recording artist Madison Paige (above), among many others. Luckily we were able to catch up with the talented out musician before she takes the stage for our latest round of QUEST10NS:
1. Where did you go on your last trip? I just recently traveled in an RV from California to Austin, TX with a bunch of amazing female artists for a SXSW showcase.
2. What was your favorite memory of it? We all took turns performing for each other on the drive to fill time, from comedians to musicians. Everyone had a talent to offer.
3. What are you most looking forward to about your performance in Palm Springs? This will be the first time I perform in general, but I'm most excited to perform amongst my lesbian brethren, haha. I feel like they can relate most to the lyrics of my EP 444. The entire album is written about a girl on girl romance gone sour.
4. What do you do to make a long flight more enjoyable? If I bring some charcoal and a sketch pad, my attention can be kept to no end.
5. Least favorite thing about traveling? All the goodbyes. You meet so many amazing people on the way but goodbyes are never easy.
6. What three songs would you have on a road trip mix tape? "And You and I", Yes "Open Season", High Highs "Two Headed Boy", Neutral Milk Hotel
7. Furthest trip you’ve ever taken? I've traveled all over the world, but the furthest trip for me time-wise was when I drove around the country state to state for a month, aimlessly. My friend and I just wanted to travel the roads and visit as many sites and cities as possible by car.
8. Best city for night life and where to go? I'm a dive bar, live music, eclectic people type of person- not much for clubs. So I'd say my favorite night life scene is the bars of the arts district near DTLA.
9. One thing you always pack? Matches. Always useful.
10. Where will you go on your next adventure? My life seems to be one grand scale adventure, but I'm hoping it takes me to Paris soon!
Dying to listen to Madison's music? Well, you're in luck: