Pop singer and American Idol alum, David Hernandez, recently released an upbeat and uplifting new single, "Beautiful", with an inspiring (and very sexy) music video to go with it. In fact, we liked it so much we wanted to find out some of the things David thinks are beautiful:
1. Where did you go on your last trip? My last major trip overseas was to Hawaii. I flew to Maui for a vacation with friends for about a week. It was my first time in Hawaii and I loved it! Heading back there October 22 to headline at Honolulu Pride!
2. What was your favorite memory from it? Honestly, it was nice to just leave my cell phone in the hotel room and walk up and down the beach for a couple hours. It was so peaceful and relaxing being able to enjoy my alone time in a beautiful tropical location.
3. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? Barcelona, Spain holds some pretty special memories for me. I loved the city, culture, architecture and the nightlife. I will never forget it because it was my first time overseas.
4. Most beautiful thing (object, moment, person) you’ve ever seen while traveling? That is so hard! There have been so many special things in my travels! I have to say the most beautiful thing about traveling is who you travel with. Taking special people who you can enjoy while exploring new places is key!
5. When it comes to creating music, what city do you find the most inspiring? I find New York City to be really inspiring. There are so many different pockets of music throughout the city. You can find almost anything you are looking for any time of day or night.
6. As a Phoenix native: what one place should an out-of-towner visit? AZ 88 in Scottsdale has the best food and martinis in the valley. I make it a point to stop in any time I visit.
7. Best venue to see a concert? I would say anywhere my band and I are performing! (laughs) Just kidding. I am all about amphitheaters. I love the open air combined with great music so I would have to say the Hollywood Bowl.
8. Have you ever had an airline lose your luggage? Yes, I have and it was awful! I was on tour and had literally checked everything. They ended up losing our luggage for four days. We had to buy all new clothes and deal without our stuff.
9. Furthest place from home you’ve performed? Sydney, Austrailia. I was performing on a cruise ship for Atlantis and that was one of our stops. I was actually able to enjoy Mardi Gras while I was there which was an added bonus.
10. Where will you go on your next adventure? I am headlining Honolulu Pride on October 22! I am super stoked about it and will be staying an extra week to enjoy the island.