We are lucky enough to live in a time when all our favorite indulgences have a designated holiday. And with the stressful happenings in today's world, it's nice to stop and enjoy the little things.
Today is not only another hump day, but National Rum Day. It's a little known holiday to celebrate that tasty, tropical drink. What better way to get through the middle of another work week.
Andrea Correale is the celebrity chef behind Elegant Affairs. She's designed some of New York's finest events for over 20 years. Her clients include Brooke Shields, Mariah Carey, Kevin Spacey, Jimmy Fallon, and Liam Neeson.
This National Rum Day, the celebrity caterer has provided us with recipes for four tasty concoctions to celebrate:
Tropical Fizz (pictured above)
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
1.5 oz. Coconut Water
0.75 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Ginger Ale
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a shaker glass with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain in to a rock glass, and top with ginger ale.
4. Garnish with orange slices.
- 1.5 oz. Myers’s Platinum White Rum
- 1.5 oz. Lemonade
- 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Raw Brown Sugar
- 1 slice of lime
1. Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled shaker.
2. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled glass.
3. Garnish with lime.
Rumango (pictured above)
- 1.25 oz. Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Mango
- 1.5 oz. Sweet & Sour Mix
- 1.25 oz. Cranberry Juice
- 1 splash of club soda
- 1 slice of pineapple
1. Add Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Mango, sweet and sour mix, cranberry juice, and splash of soda into shaker with ice.
2. Shake with ice and pour into glass.
3. Garnish with pineapple slice.
Limoncello Rum Collins
- 1.5 oz. Oronoco Rum
- 3 lime wedges
- 3 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Dash of Simple Syrup
- 1 Dash of Limoncello
1. Combine 2 fresh cut lime wedges, lime juice, Oronoco, Limoncello and simple syrup with crushed ice.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a Collins glass over fresh carved ice cubes.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge and a stick of sugar cane.