7 Reasons to trot to Tempe
Story and Photos by Aefa Mulholland
1. The temperature is a delightful change for those us shivering up north.
2. Tempe is the spring training home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. This year they'll take the Oakland A's, Colorado Rockies, Seattle Mariners, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Cleveland Indians. Tickets for Angels games start at just $6.
3. Boutique gem, aloft Tempe opened on February 5, offering modern, vibrant design and an affordable price. It is located adjacent to Tempe Town Lake, Tempe Marketplace, and ASU Karsten Golf Course.
4. Those perpetually sunny days are perfect for hiking. Admire saguaro cactus and winter wildflowers from trails at Papago Park and South Mountain Park/Preserve on a 70 degree day.
5. ASU Gammage, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, is the perfect spot to see a Broadway show, including Rent (March 17-22), Cats (April 7-12), Stomp (May 5-10), and Wicked (July 1-26).
6. There's always something festive happening. Coincide with The Tempe Festival of the Arts (March 27-29), Arizona Wine Festival (March 27-29), the Great Arizona Beer Festival (March 7-8), Arizona Dragon Boat Festival (March 28-29), or the Circle K Music Festival (April 3-4).
7. It’s incredibly easy to get to: The brand new light rail transports passengers from Sky Harbor or central Phoenix to Tempe for just $1.25.