Survey Says ... 15th Annual Travel Study
Community Markting Inc., a well-respected San Francisco-based research firm, published its 15th annual gay tourism survey. After two tumultuous years, which saw for the first time in the history of this survey, an overall decrease in gay travel. there were many intriguing findings, among which:
- This year's decrease in travel was not as steep as the prior year's year-over-year decrease.
- LGBT travel is looking up for 2011, indicating a pent-up demand to get away among home-bound homos.
- Philadelphia broke the top 10 -- a first in the history of this survey. Number 1, 2, and 3 remain New York City, San Francisco, and Las Vegas, respectively.
- Pride is still a key driver of travel, with over 20% of respondents indicating they traveled for Pride.
- Gays love their dogs! Approximately 12% of respondents traveled with pets during the previous year, involving at least one overnight hotel stay.
If you travel to city numero uno, download our OUT NYC guide.
If you wish to see this entire survey -- and it is chock full of information -- download it from Community Marketing's website.