Lady Gaga ran around Tokyo recently and said “everyone should visit this beautiful place." And who are we to disagree? Especially when you can travel all over Japan for FREE for 100 days. That's right. The entirety of Japan. For. Free.
It's all part of a promotion by Kanzawa-based Magellan Resorts - The Real Japan (Real-Japan.com) to bolster tourism following the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear triple whammy earlier this year. The entry is easy and the pay-off huge.
Click next to find out all the details.
The root of the Travel Volunteer in Japan project is this: When the earthquake and tsunami hit Japan in March earlier this year, international media coverage only showed the devastating effects that happened to this awesome country -- yet most of it was untouched. The Travel Volunteer Organization created this competition in order to show the world that 1. Not the entire country was destroyed and 2. The country is a TOTALLY SAFE place to visit (and might we add, amazing place to visit).
To that end, one lucky person (or a couple) will travel to Japan for 100 days -- all expenses paid -- visiting every single region in the country (yes, all 47 of them) to see the beautiful sites and meet interesting people along the way, before turning into Santa and delivering Christmas presents to displaced children in the Tohuku region on Dec 25. Ahhhh...
The catch: At the end of each day the lucky person/s updates the world with their impressions on the Travel Volunteer Blog. (No biggie)
To qualify for the contest, you must:
- Be 21 years old or above (as of 31st July 2011)
- Be able to enter Japan on 12th September 2011 for the Final Selection Process
- Be Fluent in English (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking)
- Have a good health condition
- Have never lived in Japan before
- Agree with the concept and understand the main purpose of Travel Volunteer -- reporting the real situation of Japan to the world through the official Travel Volunteer blog
- Pay the $5 application fee -- all of which goes to an NGO charity
- And if you want to apply with your friend, child or spouse (maximum two) – you can. Just submit 2 separate application forms and put the other persons name on your form so they can match it up.
So hurry. The sushi, geishas, samurais, rice paddies, onsen, and manic deer of Nara are waiting for you!
Click here to find out more and enter. Entries close 31st July.