It’s 1987 on LA’s legendary Sunset Strip, and the only thing bigger than the hair are the songs. Such is ROCK OF AGES, the hit musical currently on-stage at The Venetian Las Vegas that tells the tale of two star-crossed lovers trying to break out big in the LA rock scene and features a long list of iconic songs from Journey, Pat Benetar, Poison and more.
For this week’s round of "10 Questions", we sat down with actor Eric Jordan Young who plays the Mayor in “ROCK OF AGES”:
1. Where did you take your last trip? New York City. I moved to Las Vegas five years ago and hadn’t been back. I will never go that long without returning to visit the city again.
2. What is your favorite memory from it? I had the chance to see some Broadway shows. "Fun Home" (two days after it won the Tony® Award for Best Musical), "On the 20th Century" (with Kristin Chenoweth) and "An American in Paris."
3. Where would be the first place you’d take a friend from out of town who is visiting you in Las Vegas? I like to take friends to The Peppermill (photo, below). It is quintessential Vegas. The portions are huge and the ambiance is tastefully overdone. It’s…fabulous!
4. What three "ROCK OF AGES" songs would you put on a road trip play list? "We Built This City", "The Search Is Over" and "Don't Stop Believing"
5. When you travel, what’s your guilty pleasure? A first class flight.
6. Room service or dining out? Dining out.
7.Your favorite cocktail in Las Vegas? I love to sit at the bar at Batali and Bastianich in The Venetian/Palazzo. The bartenders know everything about a good cocktail so I order a true martini (gin) with a twist.
8. The best hotel you’ve ever stayed in outside of Vegas?
Le Tahaa Island Resort and Spa, Tahaa, Tahiti. It's an unbelievable private island resort.
9. Top three places on your bucket list? London, Prague and Amalfi Coast.
10. Where will you go on your next adventure? Vero Beach, Fla.
Showtimes and tickets for “ROCK OF AGES” available at Venetian.com and check out the promotional video here:
Be sure to follow Out Traveler on your favorite social platform
DON'T MISS THE OUT100 SPECIAL 3 DAY MARATHON STARTING NOVEMBER 24TH!
Journey through the year’s influential Out100 – the most iconic and long-standing celebration of LGBTQ+ icons and allies – in a 1-hour television special spotlighting the LGBTQ+ people shaping the world today.