Michael Blume recently graced the stage at L.A. Pride, not only earning the admiration of a whole bunch of new gay fans but some of the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, who requested a photo with the artist after his set. The singer, whose unique sound blends elements of hip-hop, jazz, R&B and electronica, is also quite well-traveled. On July 29, the sultry songster will drop his EP When I Get It Right featuring the single, "Colors," the music video for which is included below. While we await his forthcoming release, we got to learn a little more about Michael by playing a round of QUEST10NS:
1. Where did you go on your last trip? I was in L.A. last month with my band to perform at L.A. Pride Music Festival.
2. What was your favorite memory from it? In addition the Pride show, we played a super cool intimate event called Schoolnight at Bardot - the full 11-piece band from New York was there and we just had such a good time playing in that room. The energy was amazing that night - I felt the most free I have felt on stage in a while.
3. What hotel have you stayed at that 'got it right?' I stayed at a hotel in Thailand that was really beautiful and got it RIGHT.
4. You met the cast of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? Meeting them was awesome! I have been to Philly - though never for too long. Most recently, I performed there in December.
5. Favorite city? Rio de Janeiro - I lived there for a while and taught music at a community center. I miss it enormously.
6. Most inspiring landmark? In Rio, the landscape is defined beautifully by the naturally playful and artistic interaction of the mountainous and jagged coastline with the sea. There are two mountains called Dois Irmões (Two Brothers) that are gorgeous and you can see them from the beach in Copacabana. I used to go to the beach to write and chill and stare at the mountains for hours.
7. Most memorable meal while traveling? Too many to count, but when I was in Japan I was at a restaurant that only served tofu - it was delicious!
8. How many stamps in your passport? I've been lucky to travel a bunch. When I was in college I traveled with a group called The Whiffenpoofs of Yale - we went to about 35 countries and all seven continents. It was pretty wild and an incredible opportunity that gave me the time and space to realize I wanted to pursue my own artistry.
9. Best souvenir you’ve ever bought? I ate it or smoked it.
10. Where will you go on your next adventure? I miss Brazil a lot and hope that I can get back there soon. It's been tough to get away from NYC and LA with everything going on with my music. But I have a lot of places I want to go to that I've never been to - Cuba, Portugal, East Africa, Eastern Europe….