Anton Hysen's Gothenburg
Photo: Elisabeth Toll
As the second professional soccer play to come out -- ever -- the 20-year-old Anton Hysén ranks No.3 on our list of Things We Love About Sweden, revealing not just his natural ebullience and breezy manner (and tats and skin), but secrets of his hometown, Göteborg (that's Gothenburg to you).
Here, his five-point Must List when visiting Sweden's second city:
1. Port du Soleil -- Located at the pier in the summer, “it’s a super hot club, with excellent house music and loads of nice people.” PortduSoleil.se
2. JenSenS Bøfhus -- “The food is just insane [at this steak house], and the whole design of the place is cozy and chilled out.” Jensens.se
3. Balkan Club -- X-tra at Parken, a monthly club night. “I love this club night because it has music that you never hear in other clubs.” Parken.se
4. Stayhard -- His go-to for clothes shopping. “Sporty and very casual.” Stayhard.no
5. Masala Kitchen -- “I’m a huge Indian food lover, and I always seem to end up here on Friday nights.” MasalaKitchen.se
Hungry for more? Check out our food tour of Sweden's delicious west coast north of the city. Or plan a longer urban stay in the country's largest port and livliest college town with our guide, Scandinavia's Second Cities: Gothenburg.